Wednesday 28 December 2011

Plassey Street, Penarth

I've learned through my research that Plassey Street plays an important part of Ball family life, particularly for the descendants of William Huxtable Ball. This is where Plassey Street is situated in Penarth:


View Larger Map

This is the current 140 Plassey Street on a map:


View Larger Map

And a street view:


View Larger Map

Plassey Street also held the Tabernacle Baptist Church, which William attended, along with his descendants. This is street view of the church, located at 97 Plassey Street:


View Larger Map

Plassey Street will definitely be one of the places which I will have to visit. Having grown up in a family that moved around for my father's work, I never grew up with a sense of 'place'. Home was where we were at that particular point in time. It's really quite lovely to be able to look at a place and say that we came from there/here.

Cheers, K.

No comments: